Tuesday, April 27, 2010

IndieWIRE article on Raise It Up For Ma Dukes!




Last week IndieWIRE contacted me and asked if they could feature my film Raise It Up For Ma Dukes in their column In The Works, which highlights films in production to watch. The article will be published this Thursday, April 29th!

The column was just launched at the beginning of April and they have featured some great films from some heavy hitters in my industry including Ted Hope, Producer of Adventureland, 21 Grams, American Splendor and The Devil and Daniel Johnston, as well as Paul Rachman, Director of American Hardcore and some ladies I know, Academy Award nominated filmmakers Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady who Directed Jesus Camp and Boys of Baraka.

For those of you who are not familiar with IndieWIRE it is the leading news, information, and networking site for independent-minded filmmakers, the industry and moviegoers alike, indieWIRE launced on July 15, 1996.

Winner of the Webby Award for best film website, indieWIRE was lauded as a "must read" by Variety, branded the "online heartbeat of the world's independent film community" by Forbes, and dubbed "best indie crossroads" by film critic Roger Ebert.

Aside from all of that it is run by four of my favorite New Yorkers, Eugene Hernandez, James Israel, Peter Knegt and Brian Brooks. The In The Works column is written by Brian Brooks and Basil Tsiokos, another one of my favorite Manhattanites, who is, among other things, the Programming Associate of Documentary Features for the Sundance Film Festival. Thank you guys so much for considering me and for always being so supportive of my career!!

1 comment:

Dana Bartle said...

Ma Dukes sent me this message in regards to the post yeterday:

WOW!!! I'M AT A LOSS FOR WORDS-THAT'S REALLY SAYING SOMETHING. I'M SO EXCITED, CAN'T THINK -WILL HIT YOU BACK TOMORROW. LOVE, MADUKES