Friday, March 12, 2010

Please spread the word about my Kickstarter project!


Raise it up for ma Dukes was just accepted as a Kickstarter project! Kickstarter is a new website, actually still in BETA so I was very fortunate to have been chosen, that uses the Web to match aspiring artists with individuals who are willing to chip in a few dollars toward their projects. Unlike similar sites that simply solicit donations, patrons on Kickstarter get an insider’s access to the projects they finance, and in most cases, some tangible memento of their contribution. It's basically like micro-patronage. We can't all afford to fund an entire project, but who can't afford $5 especially when I am offering rewards for all sized donations! Just check out my project page to see what it is all about. You can also see a short clip of raw footage from the film on the site and track the number of backers I receive as well as the amount of donations. It really brings everyone into the filmmaking process.
So please take a second and check out my Kickstarter profile by clicking here

If you want to find out more about Kickstarter in general check out this great article about the platform in the New York Times.

Please help me spread the word and as always thank you all for your support. I woudl not be able to make this film without all of your love and support!

No comments: